Flying Misfits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disclosed / Veiled

+2
Marric
Nafaka
6 posters

Go down

Disclosed / Veiled Empty Disclosed / Veiled

Post  Nafaka Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:00 pm

Repost of my AM to all members

Well let me give my two cents worth.

I was in a Fed alliance and had recruited a couple of pilots to come join me.
That alliance kept asking me to develop a sector but then wouldnt give me the help. I was in a Pihrana and skilling and ranking. I traded in my ship for a Herc to develop this sector. I recruited more pilots in the effort to get a good trading base in that sector. Still no help from the alliance.

Marric and I were bored with the lack of help. Marric took up looking at the map of the universe and came up with a couple of sectors that were unclaimed and a good place to start a new alliance. He and I talked about it for 2-3 weeks. I ended up flying here to celabrai to scout out the area. It was indeed undeveloped and I made my decision to go ahead and create a new alliance. Marric followed and then one by one others did as well.

It was actually a hard decision for me. I had a decent rank as a Fed and I knew I would have to switch to Union in order to settle here. I had envisioned an all Union alliance. But some of the pilots willing to come be part of our team didnt want to switch factions. So I was forced to make the alliance with no faction alignment and disclosed.

We agreed that it could be changed at a later date if we wanted drug stations.

Then I got handed the leadership of a major Union alliance in Arty. I was suddenly given access to the Union Forums and Inner Assembly Union Forum. I had a lot to learn and fast as the war was coming.

Marric and I were the starters of this alliance but Legion was also one of the starters. I offered leadership of Flying Misfits to Marric first. He declined. So I turned around and offered it to Legion. Legion accepted. So he and I switched roles. He became leader while I assumed role of treasurer. He has been doing a great job by the way.

I tried to model this alliance after the one I belong to in Arty. Im sure you all know who I am there. I had hoped this would always be a pro democratic alliance. That means the majority vote rules, within reason. Flying Misfits was set up like this:

Council members - Marric, Legion, Nafaka

Senior members- the ones who came shortly after we formed and whose experience and opinions we valued.

Regular members - two of you who joined after we had closed the doors to Senior membership.

Having tried to set this alliance up as a pro democratic one, the votes should be in accordance to positions held.

Council should decide if a vote is to be taken place.

Seniors can discuss and have a major voice in a vote.

Regular members voices will be heard but not necessarily have any weight.

That being said,
I am not so keen as to becoming veiled. I have not heard pro / con arguments to the subject. However, as a democratic alliance, I will go with the majority so long as it doesnt hurt us in the long run. i.e., relations with Pro Union alliances who are our neighbors.

We do have a forum for the Flying Misfits. It is not used much atm.
I encourage all of you who have not signed up for it, to do so at this time. Discussions like these are best in the forum.

https://flyingmisfits.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Go there and sound out. I would like to hear pro / con arguments on this. I cannot and will not vote without some input from others.

Thanks,
Nafaka
Nafaka
Nafaka

Back to top Go down

Disclosed / Veiled Empty Re: Disclosed / Veiled

Post  Marric Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:59 am

I'm in favor of going veiled. We have an excellent nook that needs to be put to use Smile
Marric
Marric

Back to top Go down

Disclosed / Veiled Empty Disclosed

Post  Volatilis Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:11 pm

I am very much against being a veiled alliance, this universe gives us a chance to grow and become strong. The cons of being veiled very much out weigh the pros in my opinion. We are in a very good defensive position with opportunities to expand and we will be throwing way this chance if we become veiled. I plan to join the eps at some point and I would have to leave the alliance to do that if it was veiled. I know I am not a particularly important member because I can't get any buildings up in our territory yet because bloody Blood Amoeba keep killing me.. but I am now in Dsiban and not any touching Neb feilds! Once I do reach our alliances territory I will give us my all, but despite Yellow Submarine good case, I vote no to changing this promising alliance.

Volatilis

Back to top Go down

Post  Carmen Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:25 am

i would agree with volatilis, for the time being at least.
it would be better for us to go disclosed while we are growing, and once we have reached certain criteria (which need to be set) we should look again at this.
However, at the moment we would be inviting people to seek us out to kill us.

Carmen

Back to top Go down

Post  Legion Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:41 pm

So far, the alliance has been, erh, divided on the matter. Without further ado, llet's hop on to a serious solution.

As far as I see, some members are willing to put up ilegals, and even go :tss:. Others are vehemently opposed. I myself feel no urge to go tss or even to own an illegal building.

Here is my proposal:
Let those who feel the need for TSS sound out here. Though I donot feel the need to go TSS myself, I can fully understand those who do. As soon as we have two or three pilots willing and wanting to go tss, we will arrange for a second alliance, named 'FM2" or some such, which will be neutral and veiled, and which gets the right to build illegals in our nook. Note: illegals as slave camps and DS's. I'd rather not have any DD's inside our nook Wink Apart from this, we will get ourselves a chatzy to confer in dire times. We may need to settle some compensation for the disclosed alliance for providing the nook in the first place, as the nook is created by the disclosed alliance.

This, I'd say, is a proper Dutch middle of the road solution, where peeps can choose to go either TSS or EPS, and we'd be cooperating from within a single nook, providing
every current pilot with the destiny he or she now chooses...

Important question: WHAT SAYS YOU?

lemme hear...
cheers,
Legion
Legion
Legion

http://www.wcaonline.nl

Back to top Go down

Post  Nafaka Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:21 am

I can see that as a solution. However, we dont have enough pilots for that. I think Carmen hit it on the head about us being targets once we get the illegals built. This universe is full of pirates.
A drug station would be nice, but the attacks on us would be bad. Lets wait till we get our MOs upgraded, lots and lots of cash for that. On the other hand, I could probably get Ginger Rogers from Arty to build illegals. She is TSS here.
Nafaka
Nafaka

Back to top Go down

Post  Volatilis Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:07 pm

lets get MOs up first then break into two inter-linking allainces, sounds like the best solution.

Volatilis

Back to top Go down

Disclosed / Veiled Empty TSS wing

Post  yellow submarine Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:05 am

Ok so i would take a guess that im the only one who actually wants to go TSS?
so by default I would take leadership of the TSS wing Disclosed / Veiled Emot-q the main problem I have would be access through pass uni 05 to get in and out of FM sectors, could someone please put me in contact with the the allience who owns the MOs guarding the pass ? and also I doubt that we should name the second allience FM2 as any troubles with the TSS wing would bring noble, gay , goody goodies looking for reparations from you guys Disclosed / Veiled Sleep and one other thing, my whole allience would have to be friended at FM bases so that we can dock because building one illegal in uni space already gives -500 (so [-500* 3 ] + daily rep loss from buildings + daily TSS rep loss) with all this minus rep we will be vulnarable even on WHs and have no protection anywhere.
PS. sorry that i only registered today, my RL has been taking so much time up lately Disclosed / Veiled Dry

yellow submarine

Back to top Go down

Post  Legion Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:23 pm

We can work around matters Wink contact croaker (bvlack comopany) to get you access to Union space.

You are in noway the only one, I've seen some more aspiring members...
Off course, the entire Wing should and will be friendlisted by the alliannce, no worries there.

sorry about bad typing, one of those days and an Eee PC Wink

any other questions, pm me ingame Wink
Legion
Legion

http://www.wcaonline.nl

Back to top Go down

Post  Carmen Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:33 am

would it be viable to have the TSS alliance as the fighter wing?

Carmen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum